Deployment Services Officer (DSO)
- 24/7 on Mobile: 027 449 7565 (0800 DEPLOY)
- Defence Telephone Network: 337 7421
- Direct Dial In: 03 363 0421
- Contact Me by email:
- Location: Burnham Military Camp next to the thrift shop in the Community Centre.
- Mailing Address:
- Office Hours: 8 am - 4.30 pm ( as I am out of the office a lot it is best to ring first).
Deployed members of the New Zealand Defence Force and their families.
Role and Responsibilities:
To support New Zealand Defence Force personnel and their families during periods of deployment overseas. My responsibilitites include, but are certainly not limited to the following:
- 24-hour phone contact for deploying personnel and their families on welfare-related issues
- pre-deployment welfare briefings to deploying personnel and their families
- tour update family briefings
- attend deployment departures and homecomings
- co-production of the Bugle (deployment newsletter)
- advocate on deployment welfare issues as required
- advice to Command
About Carol Voyce
I am a born and bred South Islander with a passion for helping people. With a background in nursing and an eye for adventure I decided to apply for the then, new role, of DSO with the Defence Force. Over the years I have seen pressures of deployments increase with the role of DSOs develop accordingly and I am proud to have been a part of that development.
I value the great understanding and support I get from my own family in the role of DSO and I know our deploying members rely on the support they get from you when they deploy.
I look forward to helping make the deployment experience as enjoyable and rewarding as possible for everyone.