Burnham Community Services Officer
- DtelN: 337 7322
- DDI: 00 64 03 363 0322
- Mobile: 021 245 5099
- Contact Me by email:
- Location: In building Y29 next to the Burnham shops and opposite the Burnham Community Centre on Freyberg Road.
- Office Hours: 8 am - 4.30pm.
- Short message: As I am out and about in the community a lot please ring me first to make sure I am in the office.
- Client Base: All New Zealand Defence Force personnel, their families and civilian employees, in the South Island.
Role and Responsibilities:
I provide the Burnham Defence community with welfare support in conjunction with internal and external support agencies. In addition to providing information and support my responsibilities include:
- facilitating a smooth transition for families into the Burnham Defence community by offering support and information about local area services and facilities
- facilitating welfare support with relevant agencies, both within the Defence Force and in the wider community
- providing personalised support to personnel and families
- liaising with the chain of command on welfare matters
- working with the Commander's Welfare Committee to identify camp welfare issues and develop strategies to address them
- working with Burnham Community Groups
- organising appropriate community events
I have worked in the welfare environment for over 15 years and am passionate about providing opportunities for community development. I enjoy working with people to find the solutions that work for them and can contribute a wide range of experiences and community connections.
I met my husband when he was serving in the Army and we live locally surrounded by a variety of animals and a huge vege garden that feeds my jam making hobby. As a parent and grandparent I live a busy life and understand the curve balls life can through at you.
I look forward to meeting you and hope we can work together to keep our community strong.