Waiouru Community Services Officer
- DDI: (06) 387 5531
- Mobile: 021 226 9056
- Contact Me by email:
- Location: Waiouru Community Centre, opposite Hotshots Foursquare.
- Mailing Address:
- Office Hours: 8am - 4.30pm
- Short message: We are here to assist you with both settling in and living in Waiouru. We encourage you to come in for a chat, find out what we're about and / or ask any questions you might have.
- Client Base: The Waiouru Defence Community including those personnel on deployment from this area.
Role and Responsibilities:
To provide Waiouru residents and community groups with welfare and community support on a day to day basis in conjunction with internal and external support services and agencies: In addition to providing community information and support my specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement Welfare and Community policy to support the needs of the Waiouru communtiy.
- Management of the Waiouru Camp Communtiy Centre Facilities.
- Welcome and induct new residents to the Waiouru Community.
- Organise and coordinate community activities.
- Regularly liaise with and provide referralsof Waiouru residents to appropriate interan land external support services / agencies
About Carolyn Hyland
Hi, I am the Community Services Officer (CSO) for the Waiouru Military Camp.
I have been employed by Defence since 1996 and have been in this role as the CSO since 2000. I am also a trained worker for Victim Support and have worn this hat for the last 14years. I love working with people and have spent most of my working life living and working within small communities.
I feel very much a part of this community, being amongst the families and people living and training here in Waiouru. I enjoy being able to support anyone that requires my assistance.
I feel my role is an important one here in Waiouru because of our relative isolation and the heavy workloads of our Defence personnel. I am here to support you and your family as a member of our Defence community and look forward to making your "Waiouru Experience" enjoyable.