Waiouru Community Co-ordinator
- DtelN: 367 5532
- DDI: 06 387 5532
- Mobile: 021 226 9057
- Contact Me by email:
- Location: Community Centre Complex, opposite Hotshots Foursquare.
- Office Hours: 8am - 4.30pm
- Short message: We are here to assist you with both settling in and living in Waiouru. We encourage you to come in for a chat, find out what we're about and / or ask any questions you might have.
- Client Base: Service personnel, their families and civilian employees of the Defence Force located in the Waiouru area including those personnel on deployment from this area.
Role and Responsibilities:
My role is primarily to support the Community Services Officer in the delivery of community services to the Waiouru Defence community. My responsibilities include, but are certainly not limited to the following:
- building and maintaining a rapport with the local community
- maximising client use of, and access to, community services
- promoting the community centre and maintaining a friendly environment to encourage Waiouru residents to ‘drop in’
- promoting networks and self help within the community
- maintaining a comprehensive database external professional support agencies
- planning and facilitating the running of the Primary School Holiday Programmes
- assisting in the planning and implementing of other programmes and activities for the Community as required.
- promoting community participation in local groups and activities
- networking and supporting community groups with recruiting of new members, fundraising and advertising etc.
- providing appropriate referral advice.
About Rebecca Smith
Kia ora, I am part of the team that works alongside families who live and work in the Waiouru Community. Ours is a unique environment and offers a wealth of opportunities and lifestyle.
Our office is located in the community hub and we welcome you to pop in for coffee and chat, or to collect one of our many informational brochures on the services, organisations, schools and recreational facilities in our region. Look forward to meeting you.