Frequently Asked Questions

Who Do I Contact When There is a Problem at Home?

There is no wrong door and no issue too big or too small. The New Zealand Defence Force operates a welfare network with a variety of services and contacts available ( click here to see the welfare network ) that exist to help support our deployed people and their loved ones while they are away. Usually the earlier contact is made the better the solution and, or, the smaller the damage.
Return to top

Will my partner be able to return from overseas if there is a family emergency?

Approval to leave an operational deployment rests with Commander Joint Forces New Zealand and depends on the circumstances of the "emergency" and the circumstances in the operational theatre at the time. Once the deployed person applies to leave the misson area (either temporarily or permanently) a process is in place to quickly give a decision once all the supporting information is provided. If approved the decision is also made as to who will pay for the required travel.
Return to top